Monday 11 May 2009

3 sports in one weekend






















The Caithness Cycling Club held their annual racing weekend with a 25 mile Time Trial from Thurso to Watten and back on Saturday. There were showers of hail and it made poor light conditions. I tried to perfect the panning technique where the background is blurred and the cyclist is pin sharp – it’s not easy to swing the camera at the exact same speed as the bike. My son Christopher grabbed my old digital camera and I set it up for sports mode and he froze the action pretty well. On Sunday a 24 mile hilly race around Calder was held in bright sunny conditions and a new course record was set by Peter Alexander from Moray Firth. I set up on a fast downhill stretch and the cyclists must have zipped past me at over 40 MPH.




The Caithness summer football is in full swing and the first round of the Highland Amateur cup was held on Saturday. I was at Halkirk’s Recreation Park to catch some action pics of their match vs Lairg Rovers. Halkirk cruised to win 5-0.




The first ever Castle of Mey 10K run was held on Sunday 10th May and I was asked to take pics of the 250 runners out on the course. The weather was perfect for photos and I also managed to take a few of the castle for the first time. A small selection of the photos are in my gallery. A bigger selection will be posted on the Castle of Mey 10K run website: www.mey10k.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment