Thursday 1 October 2009

Caithness Regeneration Conference

I was invited to take photos at the Caithness Regeneration Conference in Wick today. I normally turn down requests for weekday shoots, but as it was such a big and important conference, I decided to give it a go. It was my first experience of such an event. The poor lighting in the Assembly rooms proved a challenge!

Jim Murphy MP, Secretary of State for Scotland (above second right) was present and proved a big hit with his witty speech. The delegates split into 5 groups to discuss topics (such as tourism and engineering) that need to be addressed during the run down of Dounreay. As well as taking photos of the speakers, I snapped away during the tea breaks and while the groups were in session.


















No comments:

Post a Comment