Tuesday 2 February 2010

SWPP Book Honour


The SWPP had over 23,000 entries in its on-line competition held throughout 2009.  The 1,500 images with gold awards were automatically put forward for the Photographer of the Year finals.  I didn't win any of the major awards, but my photo above was picked as Judges Choice for inclusion in a limited edition book that features the best 200 photos of 2009.

I received a copy last week and I'm pretty chuffed at seeing my image in a glossy book.  It appears in amongst images created by some of the best photographers in the world.

There are rumours that O'Neil will not be returning to Thurso this year, so it will be difficult to get some more stunning surfing shots without having to travel a fair distance.  Ireland or Scotland's West coast have been mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment