Sunday 9 May 2010

Caithness Cycling Club Loch Calder Hilly TT


The Caithness Cycling Club racing weekend continued this morning with the 24 mile Loch Calder Hilly Time Trial.  I managed to catch most of the first circuit in the sunshine, but the second circuit was marred by rain and I had problems keeping my lens dry.

I decided to give the panning technique a miss and try a close up, low angle shot with the camera shutter speed set at a fast 1/1000 sec.  With the riders travelling downhill (at Loch Calder Sheiling) at around 40 mph, my problem was focussing. I manually set the focus for a spot on the road 3m away, but found it difficult to time it right.  I often pressed the shutter too early or too late. The riders flashed by in a blink of an eye!

Peter Alexander, Moray Firth CC, won on Saturday and by the speed he was travelling at today, I think he won again.

No comments:

Post a Comment