Sunday 1 August 2010

Halkirk Highland Games

The Halkirk Highland Games were held yesterday and the weather was poor for a change.  Very dull and lots of showers.  As I was the announcer, I was limited in what photos I could take of the action.

The last pic shows the winners of the 4 Scottish Championship events after being presented with their SGA medals by Games Chieftain John Thurso MP.  Bruce Aitken (2nd left) won the hammers, Craig Sinclair won the 28lb weight for distance and Craig Hardie won the 2000m cyle race.  The pic demonstrates how big the heavies are!  Bruce is 6'5" and Craig 6'4".  Bruce won the overall heavy championship and Craig the cycling championship.

1 comment:

  1. Hi James. I am wanting to do a blog post on Craig Hardie's summer of grass track and was wondering if I could embed the pic of him with the heavies? I would of course credit you and link back to the blog or another site.

    You've got some cracking shots of the games. It's the facial expressions at the crucial moment that I really enjoy. Action shots of the football &c are top notch too.

    best

    Owen

    ReplyDelete