Thursday 27 January 2011

Photo Award Success



I'm delighted to learn that I have won the 2010 Sport - Ball Games Photographer of the Year award, issued by The Societies, a group of 8 worldwide photographic societies that include the Society of International Sport & Leisure Photographers, of which I'm a member.

I won it with my pic taken at the Scotland vs England Six Nations Championship match in March 2010.  I was also a runner up in the general sports category with my cycling pic taken at the Caithness Cycling Club's annual racing weekend.  Both feature in a book that shows all of the 200 shortlisted photos from the 34 categories.  There were over 18,000 entries submitted.

I could not attend the awards dinner in London and the glass trophy arrived in the post today.

No comments:

Post a Comment