Friday 20 January 2012

Sports Photographer of the Year Award

My winning pic in the motor sport category


My runner-up pic in the general sport category
 The Societies' held their annual photographer of the year awards in London last Sunday at a glittering prize dinner (I couldn't make it down) and I'm delighted to learn that I won the Sports Photographer of the Year award in the motor sports category. The pic is of local rider Iain Nicolson in action during the Caithness Motocross summer series (in June) at a very dry Ravenshill course, Forss, by Thurso. It is very rare to get a photo with so much dust flying around.

I was also a runner-up in the general sports category with a surfing shot taken during the O'Neill Cold Water Classic event at Thurso East in April.

The many thousands of entriess are from all over the world, so it is great to see sporting action in Caithness grabbing the limelight.  The link to the announcement is;

http://www.swpp.co.uk/convention/photographic_competition_11/sport_motor.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment