Sunday 19 July 2009

Caithness Festival of Cycling







The Caithness Cycling Club held its annual festival of cycling weekend with a 25 mile time trial on Saturday (Thurso to Watten and back), a 10 mile time trial on Sunday morning (Thurso to Georgemas and back) and a 11 mile Hilly time trial on Sunday afternoon (Thurso, Westfield to Glengolly). There were entrants from all over Scotland for this popular event.
I covered the Sunday races and tried to perfect my panning technique as they whizzed past me. It's not easy to get a pin sharp pic as my camera speed must perfectly match that of the cyclist, so that the background is blurred, thus giving the impression of speed.
I also had my telephoto lens on another camera and took some pics as the cyclists came towards me. Luckily the weather was perfect for both races (in between the thunder storms).


Alasdair Washington, Thurso, winner of the veteran class




Peter Alexander, Moray, overall winner





























No comments:

Post a Comment