Wednesday 8 July 2009

SWPP awards for June

I have just been awarded my 3rd Gold award by the Society of Wedding & Portrait Photographers (SWPP) via my membership of the Society of International Sport & Leisure Photographers (SISLP). I entered my B&W photo of the steps at Dunnet beach for the SWPP June competition. Their website is www.swpp.co.uk.

My two other Golds were for pics of the new extension to Eden Court Theatre, Inverness. All Gold awards get featured in the Professional Image Maker magazine.

All three now go forward to the final of the UK Photographer Of The Year awards, which will be held in London in January.

I also got a silver award (my 9th) for my pic of my neighbour's white bull. He was lying down beside my garden fence on a nice sunny day. I poked my camera through the fence and was only 3 feet away from him. He was curious, but did not make a move.

Will keep trying to get a Gold for my sports photos, but it is proving very difficult to please the judge.




No comments:

Post a Comment