Thursday 22 September 2011

Ross County vs Celtic












The Scottsh Communities League Cup match between Ross County and Celtic was played last night in Dingwall in front of the live TV cameras.  There were 8 photographers at the ground, with all of the big daily papers represented. It poured rain throughout the whole of the first half and I had trouble keeping my lens and myself, dry. Celtic scored a goal in each half to win 2-0, so no repeat of the 2010 Scottish Cup fairytale
The park is very tight and I was only 5 feet from the edge of the pitch, which meant a danger of being hit! Celtic winger James Forrest flew into the advertising hoardings only 20 feet away from me.

A crowd of 5,300 watched the action, which included some smoke bombs. The Celtic supporters end was uncovered and they all (around 600) got totally soaked.

A big thanks to Neil Reid for giving me a lift to the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment